Afrigetics Immune Boost
The herbs in this formula have powerful immune modulating properties which help your immune system detect and defend against the onset of an illness. By improving your immune health you can decrease the amount of wasted time spent feeling sick and unable to perform at your peak. The combination of herbs in this formula work in a variety of ways as ‘adaptogens’ which perform several functions in the body to help maximize health and wellness.
100% vegetable capsules
Ingredients: Each vegecap contains: Sutherlandia frutescens 200mg, and Hypoxis hemerocallidea 100mg
Sutherlandia frutescens and Hypoxis are Southern Africa’s most widely used adaptogenic tonic herbs and are renowned for their immune-boosting, anti-oxidant, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties. Sutherlandia frutescens is well known for supporting those who have wasting diseases such as HIV and cancer and it acts as an immune modulator to strengthen and mobilise your own natural immunity. Afrigetics Sutherlandia and Hypoxis is a potent Sutherlandia extract that has been sustainably wild harvested and processed without any solvents or chemicals, then freeze-dried for maximum potency. Use this traditional herb to boost your immune system, as well as improve anxiety, stress and depression.
- 100% natural & sustainably wild harvested
- Standardised extract
- Ultrasonic extraction process (alcohol and solvent-free) strengthens the active ingredients further
- Freeze-dried to preserves the active ingredients in their purest possible state
- Contains no sugar, starch, yeast, artificial colours
The Benefits of Sutherlandia
- Adaptogen that modulates the immune system and helps the body adapt to and cope with stressors
- A primary herbal medicine used in treating cancer and HIV
- Support for colds and flu
- Anti-viral, manages wasting, improves appetite
- Contains high levels of the brain neurochemical GABA that helps improve anxiety, stress and depression
- A tonic herb with proven anti-viral properties
- Blood purifier
- Helps with chronic fatigue
Did You Know? The traditional Tswana name for Sutherlandia is Phetola, meaning ‘it changes’, because this herb changes the course of many illnesses into a favourable outcome. The North Sotho name Lerumo-lamadi means ‘the spear for the blood’ meaning that Sutherlandia is a powerful blood-purifier or all-purpose tonic. The South African Ministry of Health currently recommends the use of this herbal remedy for HIV/AIDS treatment. The recommended therapeutic dose of Sutherlandia in humans is 9 mg/kg/day. Sutherlandia has been used in the treatment of cancer, tuberculosis, diabetes, chronic fatigue syndrome, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, peptic ulcers, gastritis, reflux esophagitis, menopausal symptoms, anxiety, clinical depression and HIV infection. One of the chemical constituents of Sutherlandia, L-canavanine, is an arginine analogue. L-canavanine has been reported to have anti-viral activity against influenza and retroviruses, including HIV.